The Secret Yurts Terms & Conditions
1. Bookings and payments
The dates of your booking will be held for 5 days upon receipt of payment of a non-refundable deposit of 25%, or payment in full. Any booking less than 8 weeks in advance of your check-in date must be paid in full immediately. We reserve the right to sell this holiday without further notice after this period. The deposit will not be returned, but we may refund further payments if we are able to resell your holiday dates (see 'Cancellations' below).
On receipt of the deposit, a booking confirmation will be sent to you within 24 hours, stating the details of your stay and of payments made and due. If you have not received your booking confirmation within the specified time, please let us know as soon as possible. Payments can be made by PayPal, debit card, cheque, bank transfer and credit card. A 2% surcharge will be applied to credit cards. We do not accept American Express or any other kind of payment.
Where a deposit has been paid, the full balance payment will be due 8 weeks in advance of your check in date and a reminder will be sent to you two weeks prior to this date, where applicable, by email. If you are unable to pay the balance before the stated due date, you will forfeit your deposit and your booking will be cancelled.
The Secret Yurts only accepts bookings from persons over 18 years of age. The Secret yurts reserves the right, at all times, without statement of reasons, to refuse a booking.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation, accepting our terms and conditions, sent to you by post or email.
The prices featured on the website are not binding. The Secret Yurts reserves the right to modify these prices. At the time of booking you will be informed of the prices applicable. The price stated on the confirmation invoice is binding.
3. Rental of The Secret Yurts
The following is included in the rental price of any or all of The Secret Yurts:
- Rental of Yurt
- Bed linen, duvets and towels
- Dressing gowns
- Logs for the wood burning stove, although we ask that you don't abuse this
- Use of hot tub, use of sauna (both of which you need to book separately)
- Use of luxury private wet room and toilet facilities
- Communal kitchen facilities
- Use of BBQs (but please bring you own charcoal)
- Toilet rolls, and general kitchen consumables
- Lanterns and candles
Please note, we operate on a Sewage Treatment plant, so no composting toilets here! All we ask is that you do NOT bring any anti-bacterial soaps, shampoos, or cleaning products onto site. We provide cleaning products to help you with this.
Not included are, among other things:
- Cleaning up after yourselves in the kitchen area.
- Putting your waste into the relevant waste container which are clearly labelled.
- We want to recycle as much as possible, so please separate waste from glass, paper, plastic and metal items.
Due to being surrounded by farmland, sorry no dogs are allowed.
4. Arrival & Departure
Check-in time is 4pm for The Secret Yurts, please let us know your approximate arrival time no later than the day before you travel.
Please vacate your yurt by 11:00am on the day of departure.
Cancellation by you at any time will result in your deposit being forfeited, as all deposits are non-refundable. All monies paid for a holiday (deposit and balance) are non-refundable within 8 weeks of your arrival date
However, if you do need to cancel your holiday, then trust that we will try to resell your dates, and if successful we will refund you the amount the holiday resold for, minus your non-refundable deposit payment and a £25 administration charge. You will not be reimbursed if the holiday is not resold and if the cancellation is made within 8 weeks of your arrival date. As with any holiday, we recommend you take out holiday cancellation insurance to cover any losses should we not be able to resell the dates you had booked.
6. Force majeure
Force majeure on the side of The Secret Yurts exists if the implementation of the agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented due to circumstances which are beyond the control of The Secret Yurts, including threat of war, staff strikes, blockades, fire, floods and other disruptions or events. We will, of course, try to refund your holiday cost if possible.
7. Guest Conduct
Guests undertake to behave in a proper, appropriate and legal manner with due respect to the owner, the property, other guests and their property. If any guest behaves inappropriately or improperly or illegally, The Secret Yurts reserves the right to ask the guest and their party to leave the site before the end of the holiday. Any refund will be at the discretion of the owner. The Secret Yurts will be the final judge of any of the above.
Visitors are asked to take care at all times while on our property. The Secret Yurts accept no liability for accident, loss of property or personal injury incurred on site.
9. No Smoking Policy
The Secret Yurts operates a strict NO SMOKING POLICY inside any of our yurts, and the communal kitchen areas. Anyone smoking on the site is responsible for disposing of their cigarette butts in a bin and not littering.
In the event that you have any complaint about your stay, please notify The Secret Yurts as soon as possible and we will use all reasonable endeavors to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
11. Authority to Sign
The person who signs to accept the terms and conditions on the Booking Form certifies that:
a). He or she is authorized to agree Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons in the party.
b). The signatory is over 18 years of age
c). They agree to take responsibility for the party occupying the accommodation
Now for the simpler stuff, some things to think about before and during your stay so you enjoy a breath of fresh air in the rolling hills of Wales and have a truly magnificent glamping experience!
- Come prepared with the right footwear (wellies or hiking boots for outdoors, and slippers or flip flops for inside the yurt /communal areas)
- There is NO electricity in any of the Yurts, although mobiles and cameras can be charged in the kitchen, you will need to bring your own torch it is essential.
- Keep the communal kitchen area clean and tidy, others could be using the kitchen as well.
- Put all rubbish in the appropriate waste or recycling bins.
- Adhere to the Countryside Code at all times whilst on the property, or any surrounding footpaths.
- Be careful with all fires.
- Keep any noise after 11pm to a minimum.
- Let us know about any damage or breakages, accidents happen, but more serious damage may need to be charged.
- Don't light any fire other than in designated areas.
- No smoking in the yurts or any buildings.
- Don't leave any fire unattended, and try to be reasonable with the amount of wood you use - it's expensive!
- Don't use any lanterns or lights with naked flames other than those provided by The Secret Yurts.